The Armed Forces Covenant is a promise from the nation that those who serve or have served in the armed forces, as well as their families, are treated fairly.
In January 2020, I made the decision to sign and commit to ensuring that former and current serving members of the armed forces would not be treated differently when working with myself. I made this public declaration and joined a list of businesses to have done so.
You can view my original, signed declaration on the Government website.
In short, I have committed to ensuring:
- no member of the Armed Forces community should face disadvantage in the provision of public and commercial services compared to any other citizen
- in some circumstances, special treatment may be appropriate
In addition, I will seek to uphold the principles of the Armed Forces Covenant by:
- promoting the fact that I am armed forces-friendly;
- seek to support the employment of veterans, both young and old;
- striving to support the employment of Service spouses and partners;
- endeavour to offer flexibility in granting leave for employees accommodating training and deployment (of themselves and family);
- actively participating in Armed Forces Day;
- offering a discount to members of the Armed Forces Community for the services provided.
If you are a member of the Armed Forces Community and wish to discuss working together, please get in touch.
Find out more about the Armed Forces Covenant at https://www.armedforcescovenant.gov.uk/